Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Lovey's Mac-n-Cheese

Looking for an easy and super yummy mac-n-cheese. Well, here's the recipe for you. My mom has made this for years and it is a HUGE hit every time she makes it. It has pretty much become a staple for family functions. So here it is...

1 16 oz. box elbow macaroni cooked and drained
2 cans cream of mushroom
1c. mayonnaise
16oz. shredded cheddar

You can also add onions, pimentos and/or mushrooms for a more "grown up" version. But, we like it plain. I also like to add some shredded cheese to the top. In my book you can't have too much cheese.=)

Mix all ingredients. Poor in a 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Voila! You are going to love it!=)

6 comments:

Coach Harris said...

I don't add the onions or mushrooms, but to me the pimento really makes it. 1 small jar of diced pimento. It really gives it an excellent sweetness that is uncommon in most mac & cheese recipes. Also, I've started adding 5-6 slices of applewood smoked bacon, cooked and chopped fine. Quite a nice addition too, if I do say so myself.

Unknown said...

I like it best when you add pimento, mushrooms and onions.

Ladye and David Newby said...

Megan,

I hate to sound stupid, but I'm assuming you cook it in the oven. If so, what's the temperature and time.

Thanks,
Ladye

Old Mother Hubbard said...

Sorry Mrs. Newby. I totally forgot to put that on there. Oops!=) You cook it at 350 for 30 minutes. I just added it. Thanks for asking! I wouldn't have noticed otherwise.=)

The Penter Family said...

I tried this mac-n-cheese for a Christmas party that I was supposed to bring a side to. Everyone loved it! It's really good and EASY! I'll be making it again for sure...

The Penter Family said...

I tried this mac-n-cheese for a Christmas party that I was supposed to bring a side to. Everyone loved it! It's really good and EASY! I'll be making it again for sure...