Thursday, October 29, 2009

Layered Mexican Salad

This recipe goes very well with any Mexican dish you are serving. I first had this when I went on a scrap booking retreat back in the Spring with my cousin. I have since kind of just made up my own recipe and it changes each time I make it depending upon what I have in the pantry. So here's how I generally make it...

Salad:
1-2 bags Shredded lettuce
1 can Nibblet corn drained
1 can Ranch beans drained
1 or 2 Diced red pepper
1 can Diced olives drained
1c. Diced green onion
2 Avocados sliced
1 c. Shredded cheese
2 cups Fritos

Layer all ingredients in a bowl. The Fritos on top really make it so yummy! Then top it with the dressing below to give it the finishing touch.

Dressing:
Equal parts ranch dressing and salsa
I like to use the Naturally Fresh Lite Ranch and any salsa works fine.

No comments: